If you learn to navigate the challenges of being highly sensitive, you can create an extraordinary life!
Being a highly sensitive person can mean you have a greater capacity to tap into your intuition, to learn how to hear nature, to learn how to heal yourself and others, and to help others in many different ways. But for some of us, this has led to issues such as:
- Food allergies
- Sensitivity to electro magnetic fields
- Conditions such as fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrom and many others
- Easily depressed
- Contemplated suicide at some point in your life
- Getting rattled when you have a lot to do in a short amount of time
- Needing time to process before making a decision
- Needing to avoid violent movies and TV shows
- Withdrawing during busy days, into bed or a darkened room or some other place where you can have privacy and relief from the situation
- rearranging your life to avoid upsetting or overwhelming situations
- High capacity to experience delicate or fine scents, tastes, sounds, or works of art
- Easily overwhelmed by such things as bright lights, strong smells, coarse fabrics, or sirens nearby
- Easy to anger
According to psychologist Elaine Aron, about 15-20% of our society are highly sensitive people. This covers a pretty broad spectrum of people, but a smaller percentage of you have the potential to tap into spiritual and emotional gifts that are simply unavailable or very difficult for others to access.
There are real steps you can take to overcome the disabling aspects and to enhance your intuitive or spiritual aspects. It will take some work, but from personal experience, I know it can be done. I am a highly sensitive person, and my journey led me to find a way out. I needed help to do that, and the help is here for you too.
There are roughly 5 steps I took to change my life. I'll cover each one in more detail in the following blog series.
- Quantum healing: Using energy to change matter. From my perspective, quantum healing is working with an individual to activate their own body/mind intelligence to heal what it has not been healing. This will begin to address the physical aspect of what is happening. You can learn more about this in the blog post "Why Quantum Healing?".
- Being clear with what you want to create. It's important to not just focus on what you want to get rid of, but of what you want. Making clear, powerful statements takes a little bit of work, and it's important to get the wording right in order for your Universe to be clear in how to help you achieve that. Just saying I want to be healthy is not a strong enough affirmation, and doesn't enlist the help that is out there for you to co-create with. In part 2 of this installment you'll learn some great steps in doing this.
- Intuition. Learning to distinguish between your fear based intuition and your Authentic Self intuition. Most people have not learned how to really hear their intuition and can often get tricked by their fear based beliefs into not going a certain direction because they have a bad feeling about it. This bad feeling can just as easily be your fear based beliefs as it can be your intuition. Distinguishing between the two can be critical. In Part 3 I'll walk you through some steps to help you learn this for yourself.
- Get yourself some energetic "space" from the overwhelming nature of this. What I mean by this, is like energy attracts like energy. Your sensitivities are most likely being magnified by subtle spiritual energies that have been attracted to you like a magnet. These energies resonate to the same frequency as your sensitivity and magnify it, making it worse then it is. If you've ever noticed yourself overreacting to something, this is an indication you may be affected by these energies. Once you clear this, you will notice yourself being more relaxed, less anxious, more at peace within yourself. However, although this is an important step in your feeling better, doing this alone is like just addressing the symptom. You'll feel better for a while, but eventually you will attract other energies that resonate with the same frequency. The opportunity is to create the "space" for you to do the other steps easier, so you no longer are attracting the same energies to you. To clear this energy takes a shamanistic approach and you can benefit greatly by finding a practitioner who is adept at this. For more info on this click here or read Part 4
- Addressing past life energy. Many of us have brought fears and beliefs from past lives that are a big part of why we are so sensitive. Healing these issues is an important part of the process. Often past life energies don't affect us until a certain point in our lives. We may go through our whole childhood and not be affected, and then some situation happens that triggers a subconscious memory, and that fear or belief kicks in. You may be able to point to a time in your life where you sense this happened. A drastic change may have occurred in your life that you can look back on and say, "that is when things started to fall apart". Addressing past life energy may be done through a shamanistic approach, or you may be able to address it like you would address an identity (described in #6). In part 5 we'll talk more about this.
- Addressing the identities we have created in our lives. An identity is a subconscious aspect of yourself that you created in time of high emotional stress or fear. Some people call these fear based beliefs, but my experience is for those that are having a much more acute experience, the fear based beliefs have morphed to what we know as identities. It is originally created to protect yourself, on an unconscious level. Understand this is something we create ourselves, and something we can also dis-create ourselves. It is not difficult, but does take patience and a temporary release of judgement in the process. I'll be going over these steps in Part 6.
That's it. These are the 6 steps I took, and have helped many others to achieve more freedom in their lives. Three of these steps you can learn to do on your own, and 3 I recommend finding a practitioner to help with. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this in the comments below or you can send me an email if you have questions that are more private.